- Step 1. Create an Account
- Step 2. Add Video Source
- Step 3. Log in Mobiscope Desktop Application
- Step 4. Select Video Source
- Step 5. Add Cameras
- Step 6. Watch Live Stream
Frequently Asked Questions
- What operating systems are supported?
- Where do I download Mobiscope for iOS/Android?
- How many cameras can I add and view?
- What network camera models are supported?
- How is my security protected?
- I forgot my Mobiscope master password. How can I change it?
- How to recover my Mobiscope password?
Step 1. Create an Account
Step 2. Add Video Source
Step 3. Log in Mobiscope Desktop Application
Run Mobiscope desktop application on your computer and enter your Mobiscope account email and password to log in. If you don't have the application, download it here.
Step 4. Select Video Source
Select the name of your video source in the list of Active video sources in Mobiscope desktop application and click Ok.
Step 5. Add Cameras
Click the Add button in Mobiscope desktop application and follow the instructions to add a network or web camera to your video source.
Step 6. Watch Live Stream
After you complete all the steps above, the live stream of your camera should be available in Mobiscope desktop application. Also you can click the Live Stream button on Mobiscope website Dashboard to view your camera in a web browser. If you want to view your camera on mobile, download Mobiscope apps for Android, iOS, Blackberry or Java-powered phones.
If something goes wrong and you can't get started with Mobiscope, read Frequently Asked Questions or simply contact us for more help.
Frequently Asked Questions
What subscription plans are available?
- Mobiscope Service offers you a subscription for 1 month or 12 months, plus a free, full-featured trial for the first 7 days. You can connect up to 4, 8 or 16 cameras to your account using Mobiscope Service.
You can view the plans and their options on the Pricing page.
Why do I need to enter credit card details?
When you sign up for Mobiscope Service, you need to enter your credit card details to confirm your choice.
In case it is Mobiscope Service, you enter your card details to activate your free trial for the first 7 days. This allows you to continue using Mobiscope Service after your trial has ended. You can cancel your subscription at any time during the trial period at no charge. If you cancel after your trial has ended, your next payment will be canceled.
What operating systems are supported?
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 (on Intel-based Macs)
- Android OS 2.1 or later
- iOS 4.3.3 or later on iPhone/iPad/ iPod Touch
- BlackBerry OS 4.6 or later
- MIDP 2.0 Java phones
Where do I download Mobiscope for iOS/Android?
Please find all the links on the Downloads page. All applications are free to download.
How many cameras can I add and view?
The number of cameras you add to your Mobiscope account depends on your selected subscription. Available subscription plans include 4, 8 and 16 cameras. Mobiscope allows you to view up to 4 cameras on one screen at once.
What network camera models are supported?
Mobiscope works with almost any network camera supporting JPEG/MJPEG stream and with MPEG-4 cameras as well. To find out if your network camera is compatible with Mobiscope, please check its specifications, "Video Compression" paragraph.
How is my security protected?
We do our best to provide you top-notch security. We use Triple DES algorithm for video stream encryption. RSA algorithm is used to encrypt session keys. Mobiscope service is protected with HTTPS. Video recordings are saved in proprietary format and cannot be opened by standard players.
I forgot my Mobiscope master password. How can I change it?
- On Mac, you may change your master password under Mobiscope Preferences / Password.
- On Windows, you may change your Master password under File / Options / Password change.
How to recover my Mobiscope password?
Please select "Forgot your password?" option and enter your registration email to start the password recovery process. A new password will automatically be sent to your email. Later you will be able to change the password on the My Account page.
Where are my recordings saved?
On Windows, you may find your recordings at:
To change the destination folder, please open Mobiscope and go to File / Options / General / Directory for recordings. You may also export your recordings. To do so, please open Recordings tab, select the recording you'd like to export and press "Export video" icon.
On Mac, you may find your recordings at:
Users/USER LOGIN/Library/Application Support/Mobiscope
They are saved as .mov files and do not need to be exported.
What do I need to know to connect to my video source?
You would need to enter:
- Your video source name (can be found within Mobiscope main window on your computer or on the Dashboard page at Mobiscope website);
- Your Mobiscope master password.
What do I need to know to connect to my IP camera?
You would need to enter:
- network address and port;
- username and password (in case authorization is required to view your camera);
- camera manufacturer and model (please leave "Don’t know" if you are not sure).